- Courses are 11 weeks per trimester.
- If a course is offered at more than one grade level, the content is explored in greater depth or supplemented with additional/related materials.
- Not all courses described below are offered every year. (Those linked to descriptions are being offered this year.)
- Most courses involve a site visit or visit by a guest specialist.
K, 1-2, 3-4: Investigate, Discover and Design: Developing Critical Thinking through Science & Engineering I, II & III
Grades 2-3, 3-4: The Institute's "Jr NeuroExplorer" Team: Neuroscience of the Senses
Grades 3-4, 4-5, 5-6: Chemistry of Human Body Systems and Biomedical Engineering
Grades 5-6: Microworlds: Intro to Micro and Molecular Biology (prerequisite for taking Molecular Biology, Genetics & Genomics)
Grades 5-6, 6-7: Intro to Physics and Chemistry
Intro to Electrical and Mechanical Engineering & Robotics, Gr 5-6, 6-8
Grades 6-8, 8-11: Biology of the Brain: Intro to the Nervous System
Grades 6-8, ,9-10, 11-12: Genome Science & Space Physics: An Interdisciplinary Exploration
Prerequisites: Microworlds: Intro to Micro and Molecular Biology or Mole Bio, Genetics & Genomics unless student has advanced permission from Ti2 staff.
(Course held January 2017 through April 2017)
Grades 8-12, CERN Beamline Student Research Program and Competition @the frontiers: Elementary Particles and High Energy Physics
Grades 7-9, 8-11: Molecular Biology, Genetics and Genomics
Prerequisite: Microworlds: Introduction to Micro and Molecular Biology unless student has advanced permission from Ti2 staff.
Grades: 8-10, 10-12: Biochemistry and Human Health I & II
Prerequisites: Microworlds: Intro to Micro and Molecular Biology or Mole Bio, Genetics & Genomics unless student has permission from Ti2 staff.
Grades 7-9, 8-12: Living in a Material World @the frontiers-The Science and Technology of Materials from the Nanoscale to 747s*
* Eighth graders require advanced permission to take this course.
What's New for 2017-18?
- CERN BEAMline Research & International Competition: Particles and High Energy Physics @the Frontiers
- Intro to Physics and Chemistry, grades 5-6, 6-7
Living in a Materials World@the Frontiers--The Science and Technology from the Nanoscale to 747's, grades 7-9, 8-11